Sunday, 15 September 2013



Transformation of texts...

Chocolate nests recipe


Ingredients
·         225g/8oz plain chocolate, broken into pieces
·         2 tbsp golden syrup
·         50g/2oz butter
·         75g/3oz cornflakes
·         36 mini chocolate eggs

        Preparation method
     1.  Line a 12-hole fairy cake tin with paper cases. 
       2.  Melt the chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water). Stir the mixture until smooth.
       3. Remove the bowl from the heat and gently stir in the cornflakes until all of the cereal is coated in the chocolate.
       4. Divide the mixture between the paper cases and press 3 chocolate eggs into the centre of each nest. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour, or until completely set.
      
        TRANSFORMATION...                                                                                                                                                                             

        Susan: Right babe, to make these yummy chocolate cake thingies, you are going to need to get out the grub. 

      Emily: Yeah I'm on it, dude! What was it I need again?
     
      Susan: *Sigh* I can’t believe you don’t remember – you've been trying not to eat the ingredients for the past few days...

Emily: Mate, you know my memory is dodge – I'm like your goldfish ‘Goldie’!

Susan: You are worse than Goldie! Right you need to get out: those gorgeously tasty mini eggs, the Milka chocolate and butter from the fridge, the golden syrup, which you tried to use up on your pancakes and the box of cornflakes on the table – which you must have forgotten to put away!

Emily: Um excuse me those pancakes needed that extra something – it’s not my fault, I'm not the one who makes uber dry pancakes! As for the cornflakes, I left them there because I knew we were going to need them... obviously...

Susan: Obviously...

Emily: Okay, well I have rounded up the stuff – including the equipment you forgot to mention, so what’s next boss?!

Susan:  Aww thinking on your own –I like it! We need to grab those pretty cake cases, shove them into that tin and then melt the ingredients.

Emily: Thinking for myself again! But surely, we don’t melt ALL the ingredients – hello melted cornflake’s, that’s nasty!

Susan: Hahah, no I meant: the chocolate, syrup and butter. Plant it in that bowl over there and put it above the pan of hot water –that I just put on- but don’t drop the bowl in the water and keep stirring it until the mixture isn't bumpy – we don’t want any catastrophes!

Emily: Gee, it’s given me serious arm ache stirring this mixture!

Susan: It’s your gym workout, as you didn't go this week – you left me alone with sweaty Betty! Any ways, move the bowl from the heat and add the cornflakes – make sure they are nice an’ chocolaty! Then scoop the mixture into the cases and plop some eggs on the top!

Emily: OOOO they look so nice! When can we eat them?

Susan: They have to set in the fridge, so, we have to wait an hour! I can’t wait to try them!

Emily: Me neither!

No comments:

Post a Comment